Internal Medicine Jobs in New York
Sunday · August 18, 2019
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Broadway Theaters on Times Square in NYC.
This internal medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Newark) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her individual judgment and actions.
- Assumes the role of primary care physician with the coordination of on and off site care needs.
- Oversees the on-site quality assurance program, including infection control and review & action on inmate complaints.
- When appropriate, utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site referral.
- As directed, visits patients housed in the medial unit and records encounters in patient progress notes using Soap format.
- Ensures that all physician documentation is dates, timed, legible, problem oriented and signed.
- Represents the health care program in discussion with local civic groups or visiting officials.
- Serves a Chairperson of the Medical Audit Committee.
- Maintains proper certification for cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Consults with medical providers in the community to resolve issues in the delivering services to inmates.
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Provides overall supervision for clinical services for the site.
- Supervises the clinical services clinical services provided my the professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Reports to the assigned facility at the designated time to examine referred patients.
- Monitors referrals to outside health care facilities for appropriateness, quality and continuity of care.
- Is available for the resolution of administrative/medical issues.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Abides by the security regulations of the facility.
- Notifies the Administrator of changes in scheduled coverage and assists in arrangement for coverage of medical services if unavailable for an extended period of time.
- Assists with the development of medical audit criteria.
- Utilizes standard precautions when providing any invasive procedures for diagnostic or routine studies or handling specimens.
- Ensures that all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
- Monitors non-formulary medication utilization at the assigned facility.
- Serves as discussion leader for selected -service training classes.
- Serves as the liaison for clinical matters with medical providers outside the system and provides "on-. Northern NJ positions.
- Responsible for providing medical services to inmates of the Department of Corrections consistent with community standards of care.
- Annually reviews and approves clinical protocols, clinical policies, procedures and medical disaster plan.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Newark, NJ.
- Assists in the screening, interviewing and evaluating the credentials of health care providers.
- Assures the implementation and on-going supervision of the on-site chronic clinics.
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects the patient's right to privacy, in accordance with accepted confidentiality practices for incarcerated individuals.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Feb 16.