Internal Medicine Jobs in New York
Thursday · April 25, 2019
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Broadway Theaters on Times Square in NYC.
This internal medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Newark) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Monitors referrals to outside health care facilities for appropriateness, quality and continuity of care.
- Ensures that all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
- Represents the health care program in discussion with local civic groups or visiting officials.
- Serves as discussion leader for selected -service training classes.
- Responsible for providing medical services to inmates of the Department of Corrections consistent with community standards of care.
- Assists with the development of medical audit criteria.
- Annually reviews and approves clinical protocols, clinical policies, procedures and medical disaster plan.
- Abides by the security regulations of the facility.
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects the patient's right to privacy, in accordance with accepted confidentiality practices for incarcerated individuals.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her individual judgment and actions.
- Maintains proper certification for cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- As directed, visits patients housed in the medial unit and records encounters in patient progress notes using Soap format.
- Serves as the liaison for clinical matters with medical providers outside the system and provides "on-. Northern NJ positions.
- Reports to the assigned facility at the designated time to examine referred patients.
- Oversees the on-site quality assurance program, including infection control and review & action on inmate complaints.
- Consults with medical providers in the community to resolve issues in the delivering services to inmates.
- Assures the implementation and on-going supervision of the on-site chronic clinics.
- Is available for the resolution of administrative/medical issues.
- Supervises the clinical services clinical services provided my the professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Provides overall supervision for clinical services for the site.
- Notifies the Administrator of changes in scheduled coverage and assists in arrangement for coverage of medical services if unavailable for an extended period of time.
- Assists in the screening, interviewing and evaluating the credentials of health care providers.
- Monitors non-formulary medication utilization at the assigned facility.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Newark, NJ.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ensures that all physician documentation is dates, timed, legible, problem oriented and signed.
- Assumes the role of primary care physician with the coordination of on and off site care needs.
- When appropriate, utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site referral.
- Serves a Chairperson of the Medical Audit Committee.
- Utilizes standard precautions when providing any invasive procedures for diagnostic or routine studies or handling specimens.
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Feb 16.