Internal Medicine Jobs in New York
Saturday · February 23, 2019
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Broadway Theaters on Times Square in NYC.
This internal medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Newark) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Serves as the liaison for clinical matters with medical providers outside the system and provides "on-. Northern NJ positions.
- Assists with the development of medical audit criteria.
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Abides by the security regulations of the facility.
- Reports to the assigned facility at the designated time to examine referred patients.
- Is available for the resolution of administrative/medical issues.
- Consults with medical providers in the community to resolve issues in the delivering services to inmates.
- Maintains proper certification for cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Monitors non-formulary medication utilization at the assigned facility.
- Serves a Chairperson of the Medical Audit Committee.
- Assumes the role of primary care physician with the coordination of on and off site care needs.
- Responsible for providing medical services to inmates of the Department of Corrections consistent with community standards of care.
- When appropriate, utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site referral.
- As directed, visits patients housed in the medial unit and records encounters in patient progress notes using Soap format.
- Annually reviews and approves clinical protocols, clinical policies, procedures and medical disaster plan.
- Assures the implementation and on-going supervision of the on-site chronic clinics.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her individual judgment and actions.
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects the patient's right to privacy, in accordance with accepted confidentiality practices for incarcerated individuals.
- Monitors referrals to outside health care facilities for appropriateness, quality and continuity of care.
- Ensures that all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
- Serves as discussion leader for selected -service training classes.
- Notifies the Administrator of changes in scheduled coverage and assists in arrangement for coverage of medical services if unavailable for an extended period of time.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Newark, NJ.
- Oversees the on-site quality assurance program, including infection control and review & action on inmate complaints.
- Provides overall supervision for clinical services for the site.
- Assists in the screening, interviewing and evaluating the credentials of health care providers.
- Represents the health care program in discussion with local civic groups or visiting officials.
- Supervises the clinical services clinical services provided my the professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Ensures that all physician documentation is dates, timed, legible, problem oriented and signed.
- Utilizes standard precautions when providing any invasive procedures for diagnostic or routine studies or handling specimens.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Feb 16.