Internal Medicine Jobs in New York
Sunday · December 16, 2018
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Broadway Theaters on Times Square in NYC.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Newark) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Newark, NJ.
- Assists with the development of medical audit criteria.
- Ensures that all physician documentation is dates, timed, legible, problem oriented and signed.
- Consults with medical providers in the community to resolve issues in the delivering services to inmates.
- Ensures that all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
- Monitors non-formulary medication utilization at the assigned facility.
- Assures the implementation and on-going supervision of the on-site chronic clinics.
- Supervises the clinical services clinical services provided my the professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Is available for the resolution of administrative/medical issues.
- Abides by the security regulations of the facility.
- Notifies the Administrator of changes in scheduled coverage and assists in arrangement for coverage of medical services if unavailable for an extended period of time.
- Utilizes standard precautions when providing any invasive procedures for diagnostic or routine studies or handling specimens.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her individual judgment and actions.
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Serves a Chairperson of the Medical Audit Committee.
- Assumes the role of primary care physician with the coordination of on and off site care needs.
- Assists in the screening, interviewing and evaluating the credentials of health care providers.
- Oversees the on-site quality assurance program, including infection control and review & action on inmate complaints.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Serves as discussion leader for selected -service training classes.
- Reports to the assigned facility at the designated time to examine referred patients.
- When appropriate, utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site referral.
- As directed, visits patients housed in the medial unit and records encounters in patient progress notes using Soap format.
- Serves as the liaison for clinical matters with medical providers outside the system and provides "on-. Northern NJ positions.
- Represents the health care program in discussion with local civic groups or visiting officials.
- Annually reviews and approves clinical protocols, clinical policies, procedures and medical disaster plan.
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects the patient's right to privacy, in accordance with accepted confidentiality practices for incarcerated individuals.
- Monitors referrals to outside health care facilities for appropriateness, quality and continuity of care.
- Provides overall supervision for clinical services for the site.
- Responsible for providing medical services to inmates of the Department of Corrections consistent with community standards of care.
- Maintains proper certification for cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
This perm job opening was posted
5 weeks ago