Internal Medicine Jobs in New York
Thursday · November 23, 2017
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Broadway Theaters on Times Square in NYC.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
- Provides strategy, leadership to Montefiore Medical Group for Performance Improvement and Data Analytics.
- Leads the Performance Improvement team and Data Analytics.
- Collaborates with Health Services, Operations, and Information Technology departments to ensure full integration of quality improvement reporting for contract and accreditation compliance.
- 5 years of experience in direct patient care required.
- Plans, develops and directs the Performance Improvement functions of the Montefiore Medical Group.
- Medical Director, Performance Improvement.
- A Bachelor's Degree in HealthCare, Nursing, Public Health, Health Administration or directly related field required.
- Continues office based practice in MMG practice setting 4 sessions per week.
- Ensures that the quality of healthcare services rendered meets or exceeds professionally recognized community standards.
- Develops and implements quality improvement plan in accordance with the mission and strategic goals of the organization, federal and state laws and regulations, and accreditation standards.
- Oversight and interface internally and externally with pay for performance programs and initiatives.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Bronx, NY.
- Licensed physician - Board certified in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics or Family Practice preferred.
- Participates in site visit preparation and execution by regulatory and accreditation agencies (state agencies, Jcaho, Urac, Ncqa, CMS, Aaahc,).
- Collects and summarizes market performance data, identifies opportunities for improvement, and presents findings quarterly to the Quality Improvement Committee.
- Assists in strategizing and facilitating various committee structures and functions to best address the QI process and oversees Quality Committees.
- Communicates new state, federal and third party regulations and requirements to the medical group physicians and staff.
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating staff performance.
- Interfaces with a diverse range of clinical and administrative professionals, resolves sometimes-complex policy and service issues within the group and directs data analytic and reporting activities that are prescribed by customers and regulators in a complex environment.
- Develops and implements systems, policies, and procedures for the identification, collection, and analysis of performance measurement data.
- Coordinates and completes all QI activities required to meet national accreditation and regulatory performance improvement initiatives.
- Provides leadership necessary to achieve national best practice performance levels in quality improvement while implementing evidence based medicine/practices.
- Facilitates strategic and tactical planning for the quality improvement program, including needs assessments, evaluations, root cause analysis and interventions.
- Analyzes, updates, and modifies standard operating procedures and processes to improve QI Department services/operations including but not limited to quality of care complaint/adverse event investigations, and ambulatory medical record review assessments.
- 3-5 years of experience in Quality Improvement preferred.
- Oversees QI staff in the implementation of performance initiatives to drive Hedis performance and contract compliance quality performance.
- Actively participates on, or facilitates committees such as: Quality Improvement, Utilization Management, Patient Safety and Risk Management.
- Establishes professional relationships with state, stakeholders and community agencies to facilitate quality process internally and externally.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This perm job opening was posted
7 days ago