Internal Medicine Jobs in New York
Saturday · May 26, 2018
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Broadway Theaters on Times Square in NYC.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (New York) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Education Activities.
- Clinical Leadership.
- In addition, must participate in practice management modules as part of CME requirement.
- Physician Staffing, Recruitment, and Retention.
- Reports directly to CMO of the Mount Sinai Health Network and the President of the Mount Sinai Health Network.
- More than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida.
- And 31 affiliated community health centers.
- Alerts practice clinicians to educational opportunities at Mshs.
- Brings in Mshs physician experts for educational sessions and clinical practice updates.
- The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians.
- Director Physician Recruitment.
- Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator.
- In addition, the Medical Director will provide necessary leadership to support practice transformation so that the each primary care site meets its targets regarding quality metrics, clinical documentation, practice efficiency, financial performance, and clinical integration.
- The Medical Director will promote the recruitment of high quality primary care physicians, including the alignment and acquisition of existing practices as well as the recruitment of new PCPs.
- Alex Cano.
- Supports, in partnership with Practice Leadership and Network resources, primary care recruitment and appointment processes, including early position identification, development and posting of job descriptions, review of CVs, managing interviews, and working with Network leadership on finalizing appointment.
- The Network Medical Director for Primary Care is responsible for working with practice physicians, practice management, and Network leadership to support the development of the highest quality, integrated primary care platform.
- The Medical Director will lead by example, bringing out the best in his/her colleagues.
- Partners with Site Leadership to develop ongoing site based Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Addresses and escalates quality issues as needed.
- Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by United States News & World Report.
- As Mount Sinai evolves its healthcare model in a changing reimbursement environment, the Medical Director will play a lead role in preparing the practice and its clinicians for value-based care and will utilize his/her leadership to positively impact change management.
- Develops and coordinates regular primary care CME and non-CME educational activities for Network physicians.
- To meet these goals, the Medical Director is expected to serve as the senior primary care physician, provide clinical supervision for practice physicians, identify clinical needs, promote adherence to Health System protocols, processes, and best practices, support practice growth and recruitment, strategy for population health, and serve as a liaison with Network and Health System leadership.
- Matrix relationship with Population Health, FPA, and Dept of Medicine.
- Strategic Leadership.
- Schedules regular practice meetings with site medical directors and Network PCPs on at least a bi-weekly basis.
- Leads by example, sets high personal and professional standards, serves as positive change agent, and brings out best in colleagues,.
- Reviews strategic plan with Health Network leadership and works with Network leadership to modify recommendations and develop implementation plan.
- 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers.
- Develops primary care strategic recommendations on a yearly basis, in partnership with practice and Network leadership, taking into account opportunities for additional providers, expected physician turnover, local healthcare market, space needs, etc.
- Regularly visits practices and physicians that represent new alignment opportunities.
- Must attend management training sessions as directed by Health System and Network leadership.
- The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation's top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 "Best Hospitals" issue of United States News & World Report.
- We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
- Must actively see patients as part of Network practice.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in New York, NY.
- Works with System and Network leadership to ensure that the Network primary care practice meets the quality and performance standards set for the Health System.
- Works with practices and primary care physicians to align with new compensation models.
- Supports strategic imperatives for care coordination, including use of in-Network providers.
- Medical Director Network Primary Care.
- The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke's and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
- The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
- As appropriate coordinates teaching activities for any rotating med students, residents, or fellows.
- Supports site medical directors in implementation and performance of key quality metrics identified by the Health System Leadership.
- Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
- The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system encompassing seven hospital campuses, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region.
This perm job opening was posted
13 days ago