Internal Medicine Jobs in New York
Thursday · July 19, 2018
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Broadway Theaters on Times Square in NYC.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (New York) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Director Physician Recruitment.
- Alex Cano.
- Medical Director Network Primary Care.
- And 31 affiliated community health centers.
- The System includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians.
- To meet these goals, the Medical Director is expected to serve as the senior primary care physician, provide clinical supervision for practice physicians, identify clinical needs, promote adherence to Health System protocols, processes, and best practices, support practice growth and recruitment, strategy for population health, and serve as a liaison with Network and Health System leadership.
- As appropriate coordinates teaching activities for any rotating med students, residents, or fellows.
- The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
- Partners with Site Leadership to develop ongoing site based Quality Improvement initiatives.
- The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked 12th nationally for Ophthalmology, while Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke's and Mount Sinai West are ranked regionally.
- The Network Medical Director for Primary Care is responsible for working with practice physicians, practice management, and Network leadership to support the development of the highest quality, integrated primary care platform.
- Supports strategic imperatives for care coordination, including use of in-Network providers.
- Clinical Leadership.
- In addition, the Medical Director will provide necessary leadership to support practice transformation so that the each primary care site meets its targets regarding quality metrics, clinical documentation, practice efficiency, financial performance, and clinical integration.
- Matrix relationship with Population Health, FPA, and Dept of Medicine.
- Must actively see patients as part of Network practice.
- Works with System and Network leadership to ensure that the Network primary care practice meets the quality and performance standards set for the Health System.
- Mount Sinai's vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in New York, NY.
- Physician Staffing, Recruitment, and Retention.
- Reviews strategic plan with Health Network leadership and works with Network leadership to modify recommendations and develop implementation plan.
- Supports, in partnership with Practice Leadership and Network resources, primary care recruitment and appointment processes, including early position identification, development and posting of job descriptions, review of CVs, managing interviews, and working with Network leadership on finalizing appointment.
- Reports directly to CMO of the Mount Sinai Health Network and the President of the Mount Sinai Health Network.
- Develops primary care strategic recommendations on a yearly basis, in partnership with practice and Network leadership, taking into account opportunities for additional providers, expected physician turnover, local healthcare market, space needs, etc.
- We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
- Brings in Mshs physician experts for educational sessions and clinical practice updates.
- As Mount Sinai evolves its healthcare model in a changing reimbursement environment, the Medical Director will play a lead role in preparing the practice and its clinicians for value-based care and will utilize his/her leadership to positively impact change management.
- Education Activities.
- Works with practices and primary care physicians to align with new compensation models.
- Leads by example, sets high personal and professional standards, serves as positive change agent, and brings out best in colleagues,.
- Regularly visits practices and physicians that represent new alignment opportunities.
- 10 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers.
- Schedules regular practice meetings with site medical directors and Network PCPs on at least a bi-weekly basis.
- Must attend management training sessions as directed by Health System and Network leadership.
- The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest integrated delivery system encompassing seven hospital campuses, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region.
- Alerts practice clinicians to educational opportunities at Mshs.
- The Medical Director will promote the recruitment of high quality primary care physicians, including the alignment and acquisition of existing practices as well as the recruitment of new PCPs.
- Mount Sinai's Kravis Children's Hospital also is ranked in seven out of ten pediatric specialties by United States News & World Report.
- Addresses and escalates quality issues as needed.
- The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked as one of the nation's top 20 hospitals in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Nephrology, and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and is in the top 50 in four other specialties in the 2017-2018 "Best Hospitals" issue of United States News & World Report.
- The Medical Director will lead by example, bringing out the best in his/her colleagues.
- Physicians are affiliated with the renowned Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the highest in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per investigator.
- Supports site medical directors in implementation and performance of key quality metrics identified by the Health System Leadership.
- In addition, must participate in practice management modules as part of CME requirement.
- Develops and coordinates regular primary care CME and non-CME educational activities for Network physicians.
- Strategic Leadership.
- More than 140 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida.
This perm job opening was posted
4 weeks ago