Internal Medicine Jobs in New York
Tuesday · August 21, 2018
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Broadway Theaters on Times Square in NYC.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Northport) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- 13 Days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over!
- Developing policies and procedures that are necessary to support the goals of the Medical Center.
- You will assist the Chief of Medicine in the overall clinical and administrative management of an interdisciplinary team delivering customer service and patient-focused quality care.
- You will be responsible for the determination of treatment modalities, patient assessment, care planning and coordination.
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- The Section Chief will have a joint faculty appointment at the Northport VA Medical Center and its affiliate - Stony Brook University.
- Enjoy an environment that supports an interdisciplinary care team approach that delivers state-of-the-art medicine using advanced medical techniques & technologies.
- Required: Ideal candidate will demonstrate outstanding professional ability in the practice of primary care along with solid, proven leadership skills.
- Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided.
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance.
- CME: $1,ipend for reimbursement.
- No Physician Employment Contract!
- Administrative responsibilities include supervising others, program planning, attending staff meetings and serving as a member of various committees.
- The Northport, NY Veterans Affairs Medical Center is seeking an experienced and dynamic full-time physician to serve as Section Chief of Primary Care.
- Quality assurance and research responsibilities include identifying and defining significant research and development problems, to plan and execute a precise research program and to generate effective reports and results worthy of publication.
- The Chief will be responsible for the overall operation of a complex department that includes resident supervision, medical staff leadership, research, quality improvement and a provision of inpatient and outpatient care to the Veterans we serve.
- Licensure: 1 Full & unrestricted license from any United States State is permissible to work at this facility.
- 26 Days paid annual vacation time.
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional 7% of pay.
- Active board certification must be maintained.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Northport, NY.
- Responsibilities include overseeing the clinical care delivered in primary care, promoting scholarship, supporting training, developing faculty and trainees, developing local clinical pathways and outcome measures to improve the quality of care, and enhancing the Medical Center's mission.
- 10 Federal holidays with pay.
- Competitive Pay.
- Work collaboratively with staff members to plan, implement, evaluate and improve care delivery methods, as well as to meet operational goals of the Medical Center.
- We ensure & encourage a healthy work/life balance through predictable scheduling, reduced paperwork, elimination of billing hassles & lifting the burden of liability coverage.
- Federal Retirement Plan!
- Separate 401K with partial agency match!
- Plus, VA offers an unparalleled variety of practice options in research, academia & administration.
- Responsibilities also include: various administrative functions, committee responsibilities, membership duties & implementation of performance improvements.
- VA physicians practice medicine more & spend less time on business tasks.
- You are responsible for the clinical performance of the Primary Care section, setting standards of excellence for all professional staff within primary care.
- Possible 5 Days paid absence to attend CME.
- Nationwide Mobility!
This perm job opening was posted
10 days ago