Internal Medicine Jobs in New York
Thursday · August 13, 2020
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Broadway Theaters on Times Square in NYC.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Stony Broo) is for an academic medical center.
- Closed ICU.
- Hospitalist earn an additional $2,400 for every week of night service ($62,400 annually for a full time.
- Research background.
- Rotation schedule 7 days on/off, 12 hours shifts while on clinical duties.
- New graduates welcome.
- Opportunities beyond clinical care at our tertiary medical center include involvement with the development and implantation of patient safety efforts, participation in clinical education and participation in the development of clinical research.
- Preferred: Two years of current full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
- Openings available for both day time and night time (nocturnist) hospitalists.
- Positions will include night time shifts.
- The Hospitalist will provide clinical coverage primarily for acute medical patients on both the regular and step down units.
- 15 vacation days, 13 state holidays and 12 sick days annually.
- A broad range of specialty consultants are available 24/7 as needed so the Hospitalist is fully supported in.
- 5 CME days annually with $ipend.
- Stony Brook Medicine is expanding our academic Hospitalist Service as our inpatient volume rapidly expands.
- We do it by starting with the best ideas and hiring the best people to turn those ideas into the finest medical care on Long Island.
- Become a member of our team.
- Board eligible/certified in Internal Medicine or board certified in Family Medicine.
- License renewal and DEA expenses covered separately.
- If board certified in Family Medicine, must also have a minimum of two years current, full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
- As Long Island's only academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine is about making a real difference in our patients' lives.
- The Best Ideas in Medicine Start with the Best People.
- Dedicated admitters in ED.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Statement.
- At our 603-bed hospital, we deliver patient and family-centered care.
- Opportunities exist for career enhancement on the Stony Brook campus for completion of an MPH, MBA, research course, etc.
- Each hospitalist is supported by either residents or an NP/PA.
- Clinical decision-making.
- Chief Resident or similar leadership experience.
- Reasonable patient load.
- Hospitalist, Clinical Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, Hospitalist Medicine.
- If you need a disability-related accommodation.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information,veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
- Training in Geriatrics or completion of a Hospitalist Medicine Fellowship.
- Required: MD or equivalent.
- Practice contributes 12% of the salary towards.
- Rapid response attendance for your own patients only.
- Salary is competitive and includes an opportunity to earn a substantial incentive.
- Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment.
- Comprehensive state and practice retirement benefits.
This perm job opening was posted
3 weeks ago