Internal Medicine Jobs in New York
Monday · November 30, 2020
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Broadway Theaters on Times Square in NYC.
This internal medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Stony Broo) is for an academic medical center.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information,veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
- Hospitalist earn an additional $2,400 for every week of night service ($62,400 annually for a full time.
- Reasonable patient load.
- Required: MD or equivalent.
- 5 CME days annually with $ipend.
- Stony Brook Medicine is expanding our academic Hospitalist Service as our inpatient volume rapidly expands.
- Clinical decision-making.
- Rapid response attendance for your own patients only.
- Research background.
- Positions will include night time shifts.
- Chief Resident or similar leadership experience.
- Opportunities beyond clinical care at our tertiary medical center include involvement with the development and implantation of patient safety efforts, participation in clinical education and participation in the development of clinical research.
- At our 603-bed hospital, we deliver patient and family-centered care.
- Board eligible/certified in Internal Medicine or board certified in Family Medicine.
- New graduates welcome.
- As Long Island's only academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine is about making a real difference in our patients' lives.
- If board certified in Family Medicine, must also have a minimum of two years current, full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
- Salary is competitive and includes an opportunity to earn a substantial incentive.
- Preferred: Two years of current full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
- A broad range of specialty consultants are available 24/7 as needed so the Hospitalist is fully supported in.
- Opportunities exist for career enhancement on the Stony Brook campus for completion of an MPH, MBA, research course, etc.
- Each hospitalist is supported by either residents or an NP/PA.
- Practice contributes 12% of the salary towards.
- License renewal and DEA expenses covered separately.
- The Best Ideas in Medicine Start with the Best People.
- Openings available for both day time and night time (nocturnist) hospitalists.
- Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment.
- Become a member of our team.
- We do it by starting with the best ideas and hiring the best people to turn those ideas into the finest medical care on Long Island.
- Rotation schedule 7 days on/off, 12 hours shifts while on clinical duties.
- If you need a disability-related accommodation.
- Dedicated admitters in ED.
- Hospitalist, Clinical Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, Hospitalist Medicine.
- 15 vacation days, 13 state holidays and 12 sick days annually.
- The Hospitalist will provide clinical coverage primarily for acute medical patients on both the regular and step down units.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Statement.
- Training in Geriatrics or completion of a Hospitalist Medicine Fellowship.
- Comprehensive state and practice retirement benefits.
- Closed ICU.
This perm job from Jobelephant.com was last open on Aug 19.