Internal Medicine Jobs in New York
Thursday · December 8, 2022
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Broadway Theaters on Times Square in NYC.
This internal medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Stony Brook) is for an academic medical center.
- Completion of a Chief Residency or GME approved fellowship program.
- Flsa Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the Flsa.
- The regulation also allows for limited exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
- Board eligible/certified in Internal Medicine or board certified in Family Medicine.
- At our 624-bed hospital, we deliver patient and family-centered care.
- Com/) or reach out to their Scholar Service Team at or.
- The Hospitalist will provide clinical coverage primarily for acute medical patients on both the regular and step down units.
- Salary is competitive and includes an opportunity to earn a substantial incentive.
- Specialized training or fellowship in geriatrics or hospitalist medicine.
- We believe we do our best and most impactful work when we leverage our diverse, equitable and inclusive perspectives.
- Each hospitalist is supported by either residents or a NP/PA.
- With ony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County's only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center.
- Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment.
- License renewal and DEA expenses covered separately.
- Dedicated admitters in ED.
- Closed ICU.
- In response to the New York State Department of Health (DOH) regulation requiring Hospital and Nursing Home personnel to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, candidates selected for patient care positions or positions that may come in contact with patients or patient care employees, if not already vaccinated, must be fully vaccinated or obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the DOH vaccine protocol.
- For technical support.interfolio.
- Location: Stony Brook, New York.
- Oct 31, 2022.
- Become a member of our team.
- Stony Brook Medicine is expanding our academic Hospitalist Service as our inpatient volume rapidly expands.
- Special Notes.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information,veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
- For questions regarding this position.
- Comprehensive state and practice retirement benefits.
- 2022 Inc.
- As Long Island's only academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine is about making a real difference in our patients' lives.
- Nov 30, ern Time.
- If board certified in Family Medicine, one of the following criteria is required.
- Non-Tenure Track position.
- All application materials must be submitted online.
- PGY3s within 6 months of graduation or new graduates welcome.
- Please use the Apply Now button to begin your application.
- THE Following Paragraph Only Applies TO Positions That MAY Come IN Contact With Patients OR Patient Care Employees.
- Hospitalist earns an additional $2,400 for every week of night service ($62,400 annually for a full time nocturnist).
- Chief resident or similar leadership experience.
- One year current full-time hospitalist experience.
- Rapid response attendance for your own patients only.
- Long Island's premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine, represents Stony Brook University's entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook's health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care.
- In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request. It can also be viewed online at the University Police.
- In the Medical and Research Translation (Mart) building, two floors are occupied by Stony Brook University Cancer Center's outpatient services, and four floors are devoted to cancer research.
- Openings available for both day time and night time (nocturnist) hospitalists.
- Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
- The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
- We do it by starting with the best ideas and hiring the best people to turn those ideas into the finest medical care on Long Island.
- Practice contributes 12% of the salary towards 401K.
- Hospitalist, Clinical Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, Hospitalist Medicine (106330).
- Experience with quality or research initiatives.
- It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children's Hospital, the five Health Sciences schools -- Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare -- as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County.
- Positions will include night time shifts.
- Stony Brook Children's, with more than s in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
- Candidates who are partially vaccinated, but not yet fully vaccinated, must complete their vaccination series within three (3) calendar days of job offer or in accordance with vaccine manufacture protocol, whichever comes later.
- We are proud to recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Family Medicine Residency with concentration on Hospitalist Medicine.
- All rights reserved.
- The Best Ideas in Medicine Start with the Best People.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential core values at Stony Brook Medicine.
- Opportunities exist for career enhancement on the Stony Brook campus for completion of an MPH, MBA, research course, etc.
- A broad range of specialty consultants are available 24/7 as needed so the Hospitalist is fully supported in clinical decision-making.
- Two years of current, full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
- MD or equivalent.
- 15 vacation days, 13 state holidays and 12 sick days annually.
- Reasonable patient load.
- Opportunities beyond clinical care at our tertiary medical center include involvement with the development and implantation of patient safety efforts, participation in clinical education, and participation in the development of clinical research.
- 5 CME days annually with $1,ipend.
- Rotation schedule 7 days on/off, 12 hours shifts while on clinical duties.
- Application Instructions.
This perm job from Jobelephant.com was last open on Dec 1.